viernes, 24 de agosto de 2007

ANA MARROQUIN


STANZAS FOR MUSIC


I speak not I trace not I breathe not thy name,
There is grief in the sound
there were guilt in the fame,
But the tear whitch now burns
on my cheek may impart
The deep thought that dwells in
that silence of heart.


********

Too brief for our passion, too
long for our peace,
Were those hours can their joy or their bitterness cease?
We repent we abjure we
will break from our chain,
We must part we must fly to unite it again

********

Oh! thine be the gladness and mine be the gilt,
Forgive me adored one forsake if thou wilt,
But the heart which I bear shall expire undebased
And man shall not break it whatever thou may´st.

*******

And stern to the haughty, but humble to thee,
My soul in its biterest
blackness shall be ;
And our moments more sweet,
Wrih thee by my side tham the world at our feet.

*******
One sight of thy sorrow one look of thy love,
Shall turn me or fix, shall reward or reprove,
And the heartless may wonder at all we resign,
Try lip shall reply no to them but to mine.




No hay comentarios: